This exciting business with an expanding programme of events, awards, academies, forums and networking evenings requires a commercial event professional to cover maternity leave (FTC) and play a key part in the overall operational strategy for the portfolio of events. As well as the development and management of new and existing programmes you will take full responsibility for a team of three event managers and work closely with marketing, external suppliers, venues, service agencies as well as key stakeholders, sponsors and clients.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing a large portfolio of events and awards programmes – ideally with a good knowledge of the travel or hospitality sectors
- Strong leadership skills coupled with exceptional project management and administrative skills.
- Highly customer-centric with the ability to build strong commercial relationships with clients, stakeholders, speakers, judges and VIPs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with previous experience of end to end management of events, awards including programme planning, script writing, event collateral and briefing documents
- Excellent budgetary and forecasting skills
- Sound knowledge and experience of working with Eventsforce, Adobe InDesign/Photoshop as well as Advanced Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines on time and within budget
- Good interpersonal skills with impact and gravitas to chair meetings/conference calls – managing key deliverables and client expectation
- A natural leader and team player with a can-do attitude
- Calm under pressure – unflappable in high-pressure situations with a passion for delivery of high quality leading edge events and awards programmes.