This is a rare opportunity to join this well-established travel brand in a senior leadership role during an immensely exciting time of expansion, new product launch and brand development. As a highly experienced PR and communications professional you will play an important part, setting and implementing a compelling and commercially viable PR communications strategy that meets the evolving needs of the brand. The role will be all-encompassing and will work closely with multiple stakeholders in the business and the Board of Directors. You will have a proven track record of creating and delivering high profile events, and communications programmes across all media, including but not limited to print, broadcast, social (on and offline) and will be extremely well networked and respected by trade and consumer travel and lifestyle media, bloggers, vloggers, and influencers.
- Previous experience gained as a consumer PR professional in a senior role (either in-house or agency) ideally within the travel, hospitality, lifestyle or tourism sectors
- Proven experience of working in a global business, working across departments and delivering multiple projects in a matrix environment
- Thorough understanding and experience of digital PR and its importance in today’s PR mix
- Excellent reputation for delivering creative and highly successful communications strategies including events, press trips, and 3rd party promotions.
- Excellent connections within the travel/lifestyle media and influencers will be essential to the success of this role.
- Compelling presentation and writing skills and proven ability to operate at Board level and above. Excellent track record in brand reputation management and messaging.
- Crisis management experience
- Excellent budgetary and forecasting skills with the ability to deliver multiple projects on time and within budget. An excellent eye for detail and a passion for analysing results and delivering accurate management information regularly
- Flexibility to travel both internationally and throughout the UK
- Computer literate – and a thorough knowledge of the all relevant technologies available to create unrivalled communications campaigns across all media
- Creative, calm, self-starter with strong leadership skills to mentor and lead a small but talented team. Ability to manage upwards and challenge when required.